Stargazing tour at Wirrina Cove (Fleurieu Peninsula)
- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Wirrina Cove, SA
- Product code: Wirrina
Treat yourself or your family or your group to a truly inspiring and personalised tour of the cosmos.
We do a multicultural tour of the constellations with our laser pointer. We'll then show you the magnificent night sky through our large, powerful telescopes. You'll see stars, clusters, planets, nebulae, galaxies and more with one of Australia's most experienced astronomical guides.
This is a 90 minute guided tour you won't soon forget!
Please arrive at the Resort's reception by 5 minutes prior to starting time. You do not need to be staying at the Resort to attend this tour, but if you're not a Resort guest please use the visitor car park by the golf course.
Group pricing applies for 8 or more persons in a single booking. If your group is a school please contact us to discuss customising the tour to your curriculum. We may also be able to do this tour here for groups on other non-scheduled dates, by prior arrangement.
*** If the weather is unfavorable for astronomy, we will contact you and offer either an alternate date or refund. Or you can convert your booking into a Gift Voucher. ***
What to bring:
- dress warmly (even in summer, it gets cold in the evenings)
- (optional) a small red torch, so you don't destroy your night vision with a white torch
- (optional) a chair to sit on, or a picnic blanket, if you're unaccustomed to standing outdoors for long periods
Where to sleep afterwards:
- The Resort has a licenced restaurant and motel accommodation.
- The Wirrina Cove Holiday Park has camping, caravan and onsite cabins within walking distance.
- The nearby towns of Normanville, Carrickalinga & Yankalilla contain numerous holiday rental apartments/houses, caravan parks, and Bed & Breakfast accommodations. The Fleurieu Coast Visitor Information Centre is open 7 days/week and has a complete list.
- The centre of Adelaide is about 1.5 hours drive away, at the times we finish our tours. Beware of wandering wildlife and fog on the roads after sunset.