Stargazing tour at McLaren Vale (Fleurieu Peninsula)
- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: McLaren Vale, SA
- Product code: McLaren
Treat yourself or your family or your group to a truly inspiring and personalised tour of the cosmos.
We do a multicultural tour of the constellations with our laser pointer. We'll then show you the magnificent night sky through our large, powerful telescopes. You'll see stars, clusters, planets, nebulae, galaxies and more with one of Australia's most experienced astronomical guides.
This is a 90 minute guided tour you won't soon forget!
Follow our sign & flashing red lights from the Visitor Centre's carpark to our tour location behind the Centre.
Group pricing applies for 10 or more persons in a single booking. If your group is a school please contact us to discuss customising the tour to your curriculum. We may also be able to do this tour for groups on other non-scheduled dates, by prior arrangement.
*** If the weather is unfavorable for astronomy, we will contact you and offer either an alternate date or refund. ***
*** This venue requires a minimum number of bookings to run our tour here. If there are insufficient bookings for this venue the tour will be cancelled, and we will contact you to offer either an alternate date or refund. ***
What to bring:
- dress warmly (even in summer, it gets cold in the evenings)
- (optional) a small red torch, so you don't destroy your night vision with a white torch
- (optional) a chair to sit on, if you're unaccustomed to standing outdoors for long periods
Where to sleep afterwards:
- The McLaren Vale Motel is directly across the road from the Visitor Centre car park.
- McLaren Vale offers a wide variety of accommodations ranging from campgrounds up to luxury Bed & Breakfasts. The Visitor Centre is open 7 days/week and has a complete list.
- The city centre of Adelaide is less than one hour's drive away, at the times our tours end.